Monday, October 29, 2012




I Can Right Angle Weave

The Little Engine That Could

As I was reviewing this new beading book published by Lark Books author Madeline Gidez, I kept thinking about the children’s book, “The Little Engine That Could.”  The moral of this wonderful little story is “don’t give up.” 

Some of these beaded woven structures have been very daunting to me.  But, almost similar in age to the biblical, Job, I don’t give up.  The excellent instructions in this book are complimented by a multitude of well defined diagrams and twenty five projects which range from simple to challenging.  Each one is presented in large enough print for these ancient eyes.  We are taken along thru this book, sometimes huffing and puffing as the designer increases and decreases the structures to create bracelets, earrings, and necklaces of many styles and colors. Her arrow language is easy to follow along each and every curve, twist, and bend.

The gallery pages are filled with wonderful examples of imaginative creativity.  These artists, like the little engine, proved that they “could.”

11 comments:

  1. bklyn_angel_129@yahoo.comn

    ReplyDelete
  2. cherokeeredbird@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love RAW but I can always use more help--it's such a versatile stitch.
    moon2bead (@) charter (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  4. meandog2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like another great book. Thanks for the review! Beadgarden @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. randi000@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to have the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds exactly what I need. I always get lost!
    marjorymail hyphen private at yahoo dot co dot uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love RAW-it makes a great contrasting background to motifs done on brick, square or peyote stitches. Joanne
    Jbast@jbast.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be an excellent art form to learn. One that I have admired and wanted to learn for many years. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention. It sounds like the teaching format needed for me to learn the art. Thank you for your forthright, detailed reviews. ridestherange@oldpinkhilltraders.com

    ReplyDelete