Thursday, September 20, 2012

Marketing & Selling Your Handmade Jewelry



Vicki Lareau

The Green Light

Early in my career as a designer, I was passionate about my work.  Although I had family responsibilities, which I prioritized, many of my remaining hours would be spent thinking about and creating jewelry.  During this period, I would view findings and tool catalogs, have serious discussions with other designers, and attend workshops and classes, hoping to make it all happen.  Recognition and sales was the name of the game. 

And “happen” it did, but slowly. This book, “Marketing and Selling Your Handmade Jewelry” would have paved the way for a much smoother
ride.  No heavy equipment is needed to get one down to the business of “marketing.”  Author discusses in depth the first steps one must take to make the red light turn to green.  She points out the importance of building a portfolio, pricing, selling both wholesale and retail, and most important of all “marketing.”

Unless we want to be idling behind a “red” light for the rest of our careers, this book helps direct us on our journey.  No GPS is needed!




8 comments:

  1. Please enter me for a copy of the book tallxx1@yahoo.com
    This book sounds like just what I need I just retired from the St.louis VA hospital and am trying to turn a hobby into a business.
    Where can I get info on the Midwest Metalsmith Guild?
    Thanks
    Mike Sturma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a book I should have had/read 10 years ago! Please enter me. bj51leeper@verizon.net
    Thanks!
    Betty Leeper

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like something that would be a good read I think I might check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please enter me for a copy of the book
    llgrow_2@msn.com
    Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please enter me for a copy of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. carolsnewsletters@gmail.com
    Please enter my address.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please enter me:
    carolineedge@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please enter me for a copy of this book.
    pgarofano@optonline.net

    Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete